Using state-of-the-art predictive optics software, Vitro’s computer modeling and analysis aids in specifying glazing systems that provide the necessary optical properties within design parameters.
Vitro’s specialty automotive OEM glass products include:
- WeatherMaster® heated windshields and doors that use MSVD conductive coatings to generate internal heat when electrical power is applied.
- Sungate® enhanced performance infrared-reflective glass, which combines thermal comfort with excellent aesthetics. This provides passengers with a quieter interior environment, enhanced intrusion protection as well as protection from UV radiation.
- Sungate® antenna windshield, which reduces heat load by reflecting solar energy, yet provides a hidden, high-quality AM and FM reception.
- Safe and Sound® laminated security glass with a moisture-insensitive vinyl layer for comfort and strength.
- Aquapel® water-repellent glass, a hydrophobic coating that causes water to bead and shed with airflow.
- Enhanced head-up display (HUD) augmented-reality windshields that combine specialized glass processing with variable wedge-angle PVB to deliver larger image areas and accommodate multiple driver heights.
- SPD and PDLC switchable glazing, which provides an electrochromic-film laminated between glass for variable control of light transmission.
- Embedded side emitting optical fiber lighting for external signaling and approach, ambient and accent lighting.
- Connected vehicle technology, which enables advanced communications through antenna connections integrated into Vitro glazings for GPS, vehicle diagnostic/monitoring software and smartphone apps.
- Encapsulated glass for windshields, backlites, sunroofs and rear quarters.
- Colorized glass using Vitro’s Solar Color Series of green, blue and gray privacy glasses.
- High-chroma colorized reflective glass that offers a unique look for customized or limited-edition vehicles.
- Autonomous/driver assist cameras and sensors integrated into laminated windshield and window glass to optimize performance and protect.
- Embedded micro-LED lighting for direct cabin, approach, ambient and accent lighting.
- Lightweight glazings, including soda-lime and aluminosilicate compositions, that provide a thin or ultrathin glass to significantly lower weight while still meeting all regulatory requirements.
- Car-sharing glazing solutions that help keep fleet cars in service and free of glass chips, scratches and cracks.
- Environmentally advanced glazing solutions that improve fuel efficiency, powertrain performance and aerodynamics while reducing carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions.